Saturday, August 12, 2006

Pizza Night Excitement!

You should have been there! When the Greer family arrived with a large, empty, tandem axle trailer in tow we had no idea we would be needing it!

Pizza had been served, conversations started, people were eating...when the phone rang. J. from Texas (was here in CA settling his mother-in-laws estate and had loaded a trailer to the gills with stuff that he was supposed to take home with him) was on the line. "The trailer rolled, the house was all over the street...could we be of assistance?" He was only a few miles away!

Now we knew why the Greer's brought the trailer, even if they didn't know...! The 'rescue crew', consisting of 11 guys and 1 lady jumped in 2 vans, each pulling a trailer. We arrived on the scene with in 10 min. and had the whole mess loaded in another 15!

We relocated the operation to our house where we could take a deep breath, assess the situation and plan the next step. J. secured the use of another trailer and we unloaded, sorted and reloaded (a very fun task if done near the midnight hour with friends) finishing at about 11:30 P.M.

You never can tell what will happen at a Pizza Night so come on over and join the fun!

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it neat to see how God orchestrates every aspect of our lives?

I am soo sorry that you don't get any comments. You write such great posts! What's the deal?? :-)

9:06 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

Thanks for the undeserved praise! I was thinking that if i don't get more comments here i might have to just shut it down...`

10:11 AM  
Blogger 1of14 said...

Good story. Of course, you have a great plot writer.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Carolj said...

Oh no! Don't shut down your blog. Why do I keep forgetting you have one??? I should get rid of the xanga link. That might help. : p

7:49 PM  
Blogger Gabe and Mandy said...

If you want people to read your blog you should try linking it when you leave comments!

I'll fix my link so that everyone who clicks on your name from my site will come here instead of to xanga.

One problem... Now I'll have to write up my own blog posts and stories instead of copying yours. 8)

12:16 PM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks for the update Justin!

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Great Update! Don't stop posting! The reason I didn't comment earlier is because the bsafe program on my comp is blocking blogger and I never got around 2 fixing it. I'm no my cell now :o?

1:36 PM  
Blogger Hey!! said...

Oh, that was me, Jeremy. :) My cell phone wouldn't let me log in.

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justin, don't shut down your blog!!!!LOL!

I guess I forgot to comment. : )

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy late,late,late B-day Justin!

Hey, I commented on your blog!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Gabe and Mandy said...

Wow Justin, time for an update i think.

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Mandy!!!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Carolj said...

Yeah Justin, this is your 13th comment. Please, post!!!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Hey!! said...

# 14

We want a post!!!! :o)

7:11 PM  
Blogger Hey!! said...

Ditto! ..btw, that means..update. : )

8:40 PM  
Blogger Hey!! said...

Ditto! ..btw, that means..update. : )

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You vill please to make new post soon. Or else. :p

4:01 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

I finally found a way to get comments!

Or else what???

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home